1.29.2008

Wow! Human Factors

The gentleman below, Johnny Chung Lee, has already been famous once.  His $14 Steadicam is brilliant and has been written about extensively (Wired, Cooper Hewitt Museum Design award, yada yada).  

Now I hope he and his colleagues at CMU receive some more recognition for their work on tagging real world objects with projected information (seeing is understanding), foldable computer screens (read websites on scrolls!), using a wiimote and a projector as a virtual whiteboard, and below, amazingly, creating a 3D viewing environment with a wiimote.  Lee is working on the screens of the future and his work is required viewing if you have any faith, as I do, that the space you think with and on shapes your mind.  

1 comment:

Jehosaphat said...

Sometimes, when I dream, I'm Chinese and I can do things like be smart.

People like Johnny Lee make my dream seem so much more realistic.

I like TV.