4.13.2008

The Birth of Blue

I've already linked to Adam Werbach's speech at page left, but I need to draw more attention to it because it needs as much attention as possible. This is something I've been thinking about lately expressed with more authority and art than I could hope to. It's a call to a Blue movement, a push to sustainability, a greater awareness about what one is washing up with, lighting their houses with, moving their cars with, wearing, and eating that works because it does not aim to do away with the corporation and because it's as good as You are. If you can appeal to people's consciences and their desire for purpose -- without forcing them to compromise too much on the consumerables that make them and their families feel good -- then you have something everyone can get on board with. And sustainability will get cheaper.

It's a long speech and I don't want to keep you from it. Please do think about it.

No comments: